Fully automated paper straw manufacturing
The IMA T&T SF-150 straw forming (converting) and SW-2000 wrapping machines produce spiral straws with a large variety of materials, satisfying every need whilst maintaining a high-quality level and impressive speeds.
The forming machine receives paper strips from the reel/web and it forms the straw applying cold glue between the layers. It features a linear tube speed of over 120 m/min and a frequency of over 800 cuts/min.
Both the forming and wrapping machines are available to cater to several different straw configurations:
- Straight with inclined cut
- Bended (Corrugated)
- Single or double ladder band
Forming machine SF-150
Fully automatic paper feeding (1 shift autonomy), with a quick straw length changeover.
- Linear tube speed: over 120 m/min
- Straw outer diameter: 3 – 10 mm
- Straw thickness: 0.2 – 0.5 mm
- Straw length: 50 – 400 mm
Wrapping machine SW-2000
Straight and bent (corrugated) straw configuration. Angle cut without wasted material. Paper or plastic wrapping material.
- Wrapped straws: up to 900 double straw/min (1800 straw/min)
- Ladder band pitch: 13 – 30 mm